After sewing all day, I just finished assembling DD#3's wedding quilt top. This is too large to quilt on my quilting frame, so I am going to do a first for me and send it out for quilting. As soon as I finish this post I am going to decide who I'm sending it to. I've got it narrowed down to a couple of people.
I am very glad decided to do the pieced border. It is not a fancy border, but this quilt needed more color.
For anyone wondering about the pattern, it is called Rose Window and it is in Karen Combs' book, Celtic Pieced Illusions.
Here is a close up of the borders. I LOVE the outside border print. I had originally bought that fabric two years ago, as a possible border for DD#1's wedding quilt. I chose something else for that, that matched her quilt better, and then I considered making a skirt for myself out of this fabric. I'm so glad I never got around to making it, because it is perfect with this quilt.
This is one of those quilts that surprised me. I let DD#3 chose her own fabrics for this quilt, and I was afraid it was going to be dull. Since I love scrap quilts I like pretty busy quilts with lots going on, so to have her choose all these blender fabrics had me a bit worried. As it turns out, I think it's lovely, and it really grew on me as I was making it. I knew it was going to be OK when I started getting the borders together.
I did get the I Spy baby quilt bound, so it is finished. Tomorrow's goal is to piece the back for the wedding quilt, and start assembling the Mardi Gras quilt. I cut the sashing for it today, and got it up on my design wall. Talk about color differences! Switching from darks to brights will definitely let me know I'm working on a different quilt.