Monday, March 14, 2011

Progress on the Flannel Front and a Sneak Peek...




Here is another flannel/denim top. In this top one only the white and floral squares are flannel. Using denim in these has really stretched the flannel into a lot of tops. This quilt top reminds of of my mother's blue and white china dishes we used on holidays.


In this next one every other square is flannel, mostly purples and yellows. I couldn't find a purple or yellow fabric I liked for the border, so I started just looking for any fabric I had that had purple and yellow in it. I settled on the butterflies.


Here is a sneak peek at the quilt for the scooter rally. These blocks are for the outer border. I have all the blocks for the outer border done, and now I'm working on different star blocks for an inner border. The fussy cut centers of these blocks are from the fabric I'll be using to back the quilt.


Look what I found in the pumpkin patch! My mom made these cute pumpkin hats, so here are the twins modeling them. In the top photo Mr. L is on the left, with Miss S on the right. In the bottom photo they are opposite. They certainly don't look like skinny little preemies anymore!

No comments: