Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Don't Know What It Is.....

...but I know what it can become! I saw this in a thrift store the other day for $5. I have no idea what it really is, the shelves are very strange.

I'm not positive which side is supposed to be up on these shelves, but I think it's the side with the lip, which makes me think maybe it's for something small or something that will roll. Since the shelves slide out, I'm thinking small things.

Now these plastic shelves took up way too much space, and since I had other ideas for this little guy, I had DH cut me some new shelves out of some thin wood.


Here they are on the top shelf of my workbench holding all my Accuquilt dies. I had been looking around for some way to hold all my dies, and I didn't like the Accuquilt storage rack, I think it takes up too much space and holds too few dies. I found a set of shelves meant to hold scrapbook paper which I was considering, but it was over $60. DH said he could probably make me something, but I had no idea when he would have time. When we went to the thrift store and I saw this "whatever it is" the wheels in my mind started turning and I saw the possibilities. It will only hold another one or two dies, but maybe by the time I get those, DH will build me something. For now, it holds the dies I have just fine, and for $5, I couldn't have asked for a better deal.

No comments: