As of just a few minutes ago, this is what the sea quilt looks like. Nothing new is sewn on, it's all just pinned. I haven't decided if I like the way it's arranged or not. It might be too crowded, or I might add a couple more small fish. I do want the bottom more crowded than the rest, sea floor and all. The clown fish will have an anemone under them, as it should be, I just haven't done anything with that yet. It's amazing I got as much done as I did, considering I wasn't supposed to babysit until Friday, but I had baby today and I'll have him for a while tomorrow as well.
I am also completely changing my mind on the border. I had the border all planned, and now that the center is coming together, I just don't think my original idea works. My backup plan as of right now, will be to use a fabric I only have one yard of, so the border will be narrower than I'd like. I just hate it when quilts get bossy and tell you to change everything ;-) I thought of a completely different idea for a border, but it would take me a month to make it, and I'm not doing that.
I had been planning an octopus from the beginning, and the octopus and jellyfish will be a bear to applique. I might start with the octopus, and if it gives me too many issues, I'll ditch the jellyfish. The advantages of not ironing everything on at once!