Saturday, May 21, 2011

Building a Log Cabin ;-)


I've got just over a fourth of my log cabin blocks finished. I laid them out on the bed to see how they looked together. I think they will look good when they are all sewn together, and I'm happy with how this quilt is coming out.

I have 13 of the RRCB blocks done, like the ones I posted yesterday. I need 30 of those, so not yet halfway done with those. I'm glad I chose to work on both quilts at once, I had so much more to do on RRCB, that it would have been frustrating for me to just be staring at all the work I had to do on it. At least this way, I am getting my log cabin quilt close to assembly, so I feel like I'm making progress on something, even though I still have a lot to do on RRCB.

I need to take some time to cut some new quilts out. I think I may do some of that tomorrow. Mr. Z, my oldest grandson, needs his big boy bed quilt for his 2nd birthday, and I need to get going on that. It will probably take me almost as long to cut it out as to sew it together, since it's an I Spy quilt and there will be a lot of fussy cutting. I need to make 2 other I Spy quilts as well, so I can get some of those cut at the same time. So many projects, so little time, thus is the life of any crafter.

2 comments:

Angie said...

No wonder you're pleased with how it's turning out, tis looking fabulous... I love the colours you're using for the RRCB too.
I make one thing at a time, I tried leaders & enders but I found I had stopped what I should have been doing to work on the fun L&E's... too much for my tiny brain, he he he

lynne said...

melodie!!!!! it has been a thousand years since i have been here. QOB wa sso quiet for so long, and life sucks here lately (going thru a divorce-yuck) i haven't had a chance to do much blog hopping....i LOVE your log cabin and want to make one too!!! it would be a great leader/ender project for all but the last round i think. can't wait to start in on it. i believe i can figure out the pattern from your picture....wonderful to visit your blog and to feel like i visited with you LOL