Here are my first few RRCB blocks. The colors in this photo aren't great, you can see the colors better in my last post when the pieces are sitting on the ironing board. Here are my first few RRCB blocks. When you change the colors on a mystery quilt, you never know quite how it's going to work out. So far I am pretty happy with how the colors are playing together, but I can't really picture how these blocks will look with the blue string blocks. I was going for a photo negative type variation of the original colors. Instead of red, I used the butter yellow; instead of cream for the background, I used blue. It will take time to get enough of the quilt together to decide if I am happy with my decision to go in a completely different direction with the colors.
I am still working on the log cabin blocks, basically using them as leaders/enders while I assemble the RRCB blocks. I will finish the log cabin blocks before I am done assembling the RRCB blocks, so I'll have to grab something else to work on.
Busy as a Moth in a Windsow!
52 minutes ago