Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Borders On

^Here is the transportation I Spy quilt top, with it's borders on! Now of the six quilts I need to get finished, four are quilt tops, so I'm getting closer.

I knew I was cutting it close on the border fabric for this one. At first I thought I'd have just enough, then I thought I might run short. As it turned out, I had to add the top and bottom borders first, then the sides, and I had enough. These scraps are all that's left of that fabric. Using directional fabric for borders can be tricky, and more so in this case, because I bought all that was left, not the amount I wanted. I wanted 2 yards, but they only had about a yard and a half. I'm glad it worked out as well as it did. I was prepared to use cornerstones in the border if I had been just a bit short.

No comments: