Thursday, July 21, 2011

Down to the Wire

I had two weeks with no babysitting, and I made some big goals. I wanted to cut up all the shirts I bought in Flagstaff (not cut into certain shapes, just cut off the seams and leave only usable fabric. I finished that two nights ago.

I also wanted to have the six quilt tops I was working on to finished top stage. I finished the sixth top tonight, and I babysit in the morning, so I just squeaked this top in before my self-imposed deadline.

I'll try to take a better photo in the next couple of days, but I have no place inside the house to lay it out to photograph the whole quilt. This one is about 104" square. At least by taking a photo of 1/4 of it, you can see the stars going into the inner border. I'm anxious to see the whole quilt laid out myself.

I chose binding fabrics for the log cabin quilt and RRCB today. I need to iron the backings this weekend, then I can pack them up to send to the LAQ. I try to at least get rid of the fold lines in the backings, even though I know it will get a bit wrinkled on the way.

Tomorrow I babysit, as well as Monday and Tuesday. I might sew this weekend, but I may not. I feel like I've done quite a bit of sewing lately, and a few days off would not be a bad thing. If I do sew, maybe I will piece some backings and pin baste a quilt or two.

No comments: