Thursday, July 14, 2011

RRCB Center

Today was the day I had set aside to get the center of RRCB together. This morning I laid it out on my bed, and I spent most of the day sewing it together. It still needs borders, but that can wait for another day. I am very happy with how it's coming out. I will really be thrilled when the top is done and I can send it off to be quilted! When the quilt top is done, I'll try to take a photo outside and get a good picture of it. Nighttime inside pics don't show the colors very well.

It took me longer than I expected to get the quilt center together, so I didn't get much of anything else done today. I didn't even do any laundry. Tomorrow I am hoping to get RRCB trimmed and at least the first border on if not the first two. It is fitting on my bed better than I expected, so I could probably get away with not adding the extra two borders I had planned. I think you'd have to use a bedskirt with it on queen sized bed, but it would work. I may go ahead and add the extra borders anyway. I know I'll lose a few inches once it's quilted, and I'd rather have it too big than too small.

My leader/ender project is coming together quickly. I have over 20 blocks together. They are just 6" blocks, so they will be 80 blocks in that quilt, but still, as a bonus project that I am only doing as leaders/enders, it is going fast.

1 comment:

Angie said...

It's absolutely gorgeous... how different it looks from all those with the creamy strings.. I love it!