This isn't a great picture, but I just wanted to show that I did get the first two borders on RRCB. If I were to stick with Bonnie's plan, I would be finished the top, but I am going to add two more borders. After seeing the quilt center on my bed, I did decide to make the outside border a little narrower than my first plan. The pieced border really does lay pretty flat, it's just hanging kind of weird.
The pieced border took me a lot longer to put on than I had anticipated. I knew I hadn't finished ironing the border pieces, but I thought I had ironed more than I had. I also wanted to cut all those dog ears off before I sewed it on, and that took a while. I wasn't feeling well today, so I was moving pretty slow too.
The next border is another narrow yellow border. It is all cut and pieced, ready to put on. The outer border still needs to be cut.
I finally did all the math for the inner border on the log cabin quilt. I cut all the pieces for it today, so when the RRCB quilt top is finished, I'll be ready to assemble the log cabin quilt and get it finished too. My goal has been to have all six quilt tops completed before I babysit again next Friday. Four tops are done, and RRCB is almost there. I think I can do it, but there is still a lot of work to be done.
Rainy Days, Mondays–It’s All Small Stuff!
10 hours ago