Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Little Progress

I've only done a bit on my small mini-bolts. I love to use men's shirts for quilting, so I'm starting with the bottom couple of shelves, putting the backs of the cut-up shirts on the tiny bolts. The other pieces from the shirts are in a box, or already cut up in my precut scraps. I did go through my blacks/browns and got out the less than 1 yard pieces, and I've got some of those on these shelves too.

I finished refolding the last of my cotton bolts onto mini bolts while dinner was in the oven tonight. I can't believe how much space it saved me to get those cardboard bolts of of my way! My recycle bin is full of cardboard bolts, and now all of my fabric from the bolts fits on this smaller set of shelves I put in the closet. I still have a lot of work to do in the closet, but I'm getting there.

I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped, because I ended up babysitting again. I have a lot of babysitting days coming up, so I'll just do things as I can. I just found out my nephew is coming to town next week, so I'm sure there will be some big family dinners to prepare too. It will be so good to see him!

I am debating buying some new shelves for my fabric. I have some money put aside and it's almost enough to buy what I'm looking at. The cabinets I currently have are a bit too deep to work well with the mini bolts, but I'm not sure I want to spend any more money right now. I am loving the mini bolt idea, and I think this will be a great long term solution for me. I am an avid reader, so I think the idea of my fabric sitting on my shelves like books really works for me.

No comments: